Batangas / Verde Island / Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

legrandwhite

Registered
Reaction score
hi,

I'm off to PG in august for 4 days and I'm looking at a couple of options to reach PG taking into account flight time and transfer from airport to Batangas.
I'll get to Batangas in the evening so these options are:

1- boat transfer to PG at night? I read somewhere that this was now do-able, can someone confirm?

2- might be a stretch but how about a dive centre that could take us from batangas to verde island where we could spend the day and then transfer us to sabang? has anyone done it that way?

3- least favoured option (but most likely...): ferry from batangas to PG the next morning - what time is the first ferry? then can we still squeeze in a few dives with beach start maybe?

I've been to PI before so I know the realistic option is most of the time a "self-fulfilling" one but I'm still posting just in case...

thanks in advance for your feedback

1. Officially it is NOT allowed but...... confirm it with your resort or dive shop.
2. There are resorts on the island perhaps they can arrange it.
3. This should be your best and cheapest option. There should be one departing from Batangas to Sabang around 07:00. This ferry usually arrive at Sabang around 08:30 so plenty of time for 2 dives in the morning.

If the sea is rough forget about 1 and 2.

Was not aware of any shore diving at PG, best bet is to go to Anilao first, plenty of shore diving opportunities there.

There are MANY to choose from in Sabang. Give us an idea of your comfort and budget preferences. I stayed at Banana Moon (basic with a great view of Verde Island) and dove with Action Divers.

Few options for you.

I would check with El Galleon and Asia divers. El Galleon is the resort and Asia divers is there dive shop. This will not be the cheapest option but I think you will get the most diving in and best chance to make it to Verde island. Depending how late your flight comes in they might even be able to get you there with a night crossing.

If your flight is truly a late flight I would stay in the Lotus Garden and take the Sikat bus/ferry over the next day it leaves at 9am from the City State hotel and is right across the street from the Lotus Garden. This option will be cheaper then private transportation from Manila to Batangas.

If you end up using a public bus to Batangas make sure it goes to Batangas Pier. Then at the pier make sure to only take a ferry to Sabang not Puerto Galera.

Considering your going in August I would be prepared with a back up plan if the boats are not running to Sabang or PG. Stay and dive around the Anilao area close to Batangas.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Have a good trip

Many thanks for all the tips!
Banana Moon seems quite nice. :)

hi,

I'm off to PG in august for 4 days and I'm looking at a couple of options to reach PG taking into account flight time and transfer from airport to Batangas.
I'll get to Batangas in the evening so these options are:

1- boat transfer to PG at night? I read somewhere that this was now do-able, can someone confirm?

2- might be a stretch but how about a dive centre that could take us from batangas to verde island where we could spend the day and then transfer us to sabang? has anyone done it that way?

3- least favoured option (but most likely...): ferry from batangas to PG the next morning - what time is the first ferry? then can we still squeeze in a few dives with beach start maybe?

I've been to PI before so I know the realistic option is most of the time a "self-fulfilling" one but I'm still posting just in case...

thanks in advance for your feedback

1. If you're arriving at Batangas in the evening, I suggest you spend the night there or in Manila. Getting a boat to transfer you from the Batangas Pier to Puerto Galera at night isn't a sure thing. Even if you get to convince someone to take you, it'll cost you a lot.

2. If you're referring to a pick-up from Batangas Pier, I'm sorry but you won't find any dive resort that would cater to that request. Not all boats from PG can dock at Batangas Pier for starters.

3. This is the most feasible option. On average, the first ferry to Sabang Beach starts at 7am.

I've done a couple of dives in PG and what I do is catch a public bus in Manila at around 7 or 8am. When I arrive at the Batangas Pier, I take the next available ferry to Sabang. You'll be at Sabang around 10am. Worst is 12 noon. If you need details, shoot me a PM. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom