Straits of Mackinac Preserve photo contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsc2679

Contributor
Reaction score
Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve photo contest

What: A photo contest, with twelve photos to be chosen and used in the 2015 Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve calendar. Submitted photos should represent the Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve. The "photo contest" calendars will be available for sale to the public in May 2014.

Why: To support the Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve fulfill its mission (see mission statement below). For reference, each mooring cost at least $275. We tend to loose one or two moorings a year and frequently have to repair or replace various bits of hardware through the year. Each winner will receive a free 2015 Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve calendar with their picture in it!

When: Photos can be submitted starting May 2013. End submission date Oct 31, 2013. Winners will be chosen by Jan 15, 2014.

How: Submit jpeg images to dsc2679 at gmail dot com. Limit three photos per photographer please. Credit will be listed with each photo chosen and all submitted photos will be considered the property of the photographer, and won't be used without their permission.

Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve mission statement

To sustainably promote and preserve the maritime historical and underwater natural resources in the Straits of Mackinac area by enhancing diver safety and access to the shipwrecks in the preserve, and through education, stewardship, research, fund raising and philanthropy.

Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve is an all volunteer 501c3 non profit organization.

What a great idea to raise money. I'll dig thru my pics to see if I have anything that is worthy of submission. I'll be going to the Straits around the end of July, so I'll make sure that I get some pictures then. Have you set a price on the calenders yet? You can count me in for at least one.

I'm sure you'll have some worthy pics after your trip. The calenders are $20/ea. Remember, if one of your pics is chosen, you'll get a free copy, but you'll surely want to buy a copy for every family member to enjoy. :wink: Thanks for the support and have a great trip in July.

That sounds like a great idea, you guys do a fantastic job with the moorings every year. I'll dig thru some photos and see if any are worth sending and I'm sure I'll be buying a calendar and tee shirt when I get up there.

Bump. Just a reminder about the Straits Preserve photo contest. So far, we've had only a few submissions, so chances of ending up in the calendar are good. It's cold and rainy here, a good day to sift through photos. PM me with any questions, or send your photos to dsc2679@gmail.com. Hope to see some more photos soon and thanks for supporting the Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve.

Last call for Straits photos! We're extending our photo contest to Nov 18, for those of you who need a little more time to go through your Straits of Mackinac photos. I've copied the guidelines below, and on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Straits-of-Mackinac-Shipwreck-Preserve/127940843919016?ref=ts . We've received some fabulous shots so far and welcome more entries. Thanks again for all of your support.

What: A photo contest, with twelve photos to be chosen and used in the 2015 Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve calendar. Submitted photos should represent the Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve. The "photo contest" calendars will be available for sale to the public in May 2014.

Why: To support the Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve fulfill its mission (see mission statement below). Each winner will receive a free 2015 Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve calendar with their picture in it!

When: Photos can be submitted starting May 2013. End submission date Nov 18, 2013. Winners will be chosen by Jan 15, 2014.

How: Submit jpeg images to dsc2679@gmail.com. Limit three photos per photographer please. Credit will be listed with each photo chosen and all submitted photos will be considered the property of the photographer, and won't be used without their permission.

Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve mission statement: To sustainably promote and preserve the maritime historical and underwater natural resources in the Straits of Mackinac area by enhancing diver safety and access to the shipwrecks in the preserve, and through education, stewardship, research, fund raising and philanthropy.

Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve is an all volunteer 501c3 non profit organization.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom