Diving in and around Sudbury?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikepeluso

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello everyone, i am going to be moving to sudbury within the next 6 months and was wondering a little information about diving up there.

-are there a lot of good sites close to town?

-are there dive shops i should go to or not go to and why ( this might be a better idea to talk about in PMs, so people arent just bashing shops)

- is there a greater sudbury dive group, in kitchener we have Kw scuba... we all meet up once a month at boston pizza and talk/plan dives, bring photos from trips and socialize.

thanks.

Sudbury is close to Little Current which is the home of one of Ontario's best wrecks, the Northwind. 75' to 125'. Up to 140' if inside the wreck.

I hear there is a quarry in the area too.

Other wrecks im sure

Just searched "scuba sudbury" and found one: The Scuba Shop Sudbury Ontario

Sounds like there's some pretty good diving in the North Channel of Manitoulin Is.

Talk to Mike at The Scuba Shop. They have a fairly active group, and run boat dives up at Manitoulin Island quite regularly. Sadly, for me its a 4 hour drive, but it's still my LDS.

Back
Top Bottom