Oceanic VT4 compass won't calibrate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By9468840

Registered
Reaction score
I can't seem to calibrate it anymore. It says "face down". I flip it over and nothing happens. It quits calibration mode saying it failed. Am I missing something here? I turn it face down and it remains in cal mode until it times out.

I will also try a wireless transmitter for the first time. When I do battery check, it says "TmT 1 not available". I installed it correctly with its identification number. I'm not sure if it really works. Does transmitter have to be mounted to a regulator for it to get activated?

Thanks!

Cheers for the tx answer. Any ideas why the compass calibration won't work?

Cheers for the tx answer. Any ideas why the compass calibration won't work?

I am having the same problem.. It beeps when face down, but when turned face up during the process, it will not beep...

I'm having this problem as well. I start the Cal and it says turn face down but usually beeps before I can even flip it. I managed to get past that first hurdle but can't get it to beep in the face up position. I really don't want to have to send it away for repair.

I'm having this problem as well. I start the Cal and it says turn face down but usually beeps before I can even flip it. I managed to get past that first hurdle but can't get it to beep in the face up position. I really don't want to have to send it away for repair.

I had to send my unit in for repair, that was the only way to fix the issue.

I have been asking question left and right. I am glad that I can have my first answer to this board... I just found this out last night. The problem is that our oceanic won't beep to tell us to turn it up side back up when it done the first step of calibration.

Basically, when it's done the first step during the up side down, the screen text instructs to turn it up side up then count down from 15 (I think). If we don't turn it up, when the count down gets to 0, the calibration will end and it turn back to the main screen, calibration is not done.

If we turn it up side up on time, after the counting down, there is another text instructs something quick which I missed (maybe we have to turn the computer around like our smart phone?). Then there is a dot running in circle. I missed that text but I turn it anyway. When that dot running in circle is done the cycle, the calibration is done. Mine is working now. Hope it is the same for everyone.

Lesson learn, turn it up side down on a glass table so you can see from bottom up. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

And since this thread has been resurrected from five years ago, I would like to add the corollary to the transmitter question: you’re using up the transmitter battery whenever it is pressurized, so I make a point of turning the air off and bleeding my regs as soon as I come out of the water. I usually dump the air into my BC so it will keep me afloat if I forget to turn the air back on when I go back in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom