Great day of diving in St. Louis...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mverick

Reaction score
Water temp 32 F. Depth 18 ft. Vis LOL.... Yea right.... 30min dive and I'm buying Dry gloves. Almost froze my fingers off.... Rushed to an Ambulance by boat to warm up my fingers....

Oh yea, Helmet flooded at 3 feet up to my nose and scared the $#%^ out of me....

Ran into 3 pilings. Got dragged over a broken one. Fell off a concrete something. About 4 feet. Found alot of old Metal lines and Rebar. Ain't diving grand...

The 31st and I'm off to Miami. Gee, I'm gonna hate Diving in 72 F water. Just gonna kill me. Hope the Vis is Like Blackwater. Don't want to get to much exposure to the beauty of the underwater world. Brain overload or somethin...

Oh, wanna dive this year in the Great Lakes. End of the month, any month. Anybody game?

Have wanted to for along time. Friends wouldn't go for the last 4 years. Too busy, So screw it. I'll go and find someone there....LOL

Hope your diving is at least as enjoyable as mine.

Good Luck with that 'Great Lakes' dive. Around this part of Michigan, there is quite a bit of ice on the lake, both floating and shelf ice out from the beach/bank. Might make entry easy, but exits a chore. Saginaw River, in town in Saginaw is frozen solid clear out to the Bay and the surface is littered with Ice Shanty's and guys fishing for Walleye.

Let us know how it works out!

Mverick:
Water temp 32 F. Depth 18 ft. Vis LOL.... Yea right.... 30min dive and I'm buying Dry gloves. Almost froze my fingers off.... Rushed to an Ambulance by boat to warm up my fingers....

Oh yea, Helmet flooded at 3 feet up to my nose and scared the $#%^ out of me....

Ran into 3 pilings. Got dragged over a broken one. Fell off a concrete something. About 4 feet. Found alot of old Metal lines and Rebar. Ain't diving grand...

The 31st and I'm off to Miami. Gee, I'm gonna hate Diving in 72 F water. Just gonna kill me. Hope the Vis is Like Blackwater. Don't want to get to much exposure to the beauty of the underwater world. Brain overload or somethin...

Oh, wanna dive this year in the Great Lakes. End of the month, any month. Anybody game?

Have wanted to for along time. Friends wouldn't go for the last 4 years. Too busy, So screw it. I'll go and find someone there....LOL

Hope your diving is at least as enjoyable as mine.

That month had better be a few months from now, unless you are into ice-diving. LOL Once the ice clears, feel free to join us here.

Yea, I was hoping to do it in a couple months....LOL

But, If you're Ice diving. I'd be in for that too... Just let me get my dry gloves....

Ice diving is actually kinda nice. The water is almost always clearer.

I get long weekends at the end of every month. That's why at the end of the months. Any months....

St Louis was always one of my favorite dive spots too. I recall one stretch about this time maybe 6 years ago when the temps stayed below zero for a couple-few weeks straight.
Lotsa ice floating down the crick.
Ducks were getting frozen to the top of the ice, had to scrape a few of them off.
Things started thawing a couple months later & then there were hundreds of trees, roots & all, screaming past just waiting for the chance to grab a hose.
What kind of gloves are you looking for?
http://www.scubaboard.com/f101.html (hint hint)

Bob3:
What kind of gloves are you looking for?
QUOTE]

LOL.... REAL REAL REAL warm ones...LOL

I'm looking, I'm looking....I'll get them when I get back from Miami. Probably be calling you. I kinda wanted the model that twist locks together. I'm still looking around now though.

Actually, I still use thick wetsuit gloves. I never saw the use in adding another potential leak point to my drysuit and although I do chill easily, if the rest of my body is warm, my body does do a decent job of sending "warm blood" to my fingertips to keep my hands from freezing.

It was my experience watching the other drysuit divers that the first place they got a leak was through their drysuit gloves. It is also nice to have the kevlar coated gloves to scrape the zebra mussels off the metal on the wrecks and get a feel for what they actually used to look like.

There were other problems too.

Like sitting in an open boat with wet gloves till they set up the boat. Which took 4 try's and 2 hours. Before they figured out where they wanted me. So my hands were cold before I ever got in the water.

Plus, they were only 3mm.... Didn't think I'd be in more then once. And didn't figure on sitting in the boat for 4-5hours.

I agree, Wetsuit gloves that are 7mm would probably work. But I'm tired of the wet gloves. For the succesive dives.

I'll try Drygloves. That still have the option of using the cuff seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom