Light and Motion sola tech 600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rolobingo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

LIGHT & MOTION | TECH
Any opinions on this vs canister lights?
im going to buy a primary light soon.

tecreational diving in the northeast and maybe cavern/cave training in Florida..

Thanks for the help!
RH

If you're considering some cave training but don't want a canister light look into these. Finn Sub Light short 1400 - Cave Country Diving Store

Jim Wyatt at Cave Country Dive Shop uses these and he loves them, he's on the forum here and he might be able to respond to questions about them.

I use a Dive Rite RX-10 canister light and for me it's perfect. The dive rite light is about the same price as the light you posted as well as the Finn Sub light I linked too. Other canister lights are usually more expensive as they are more powerful, and last longer. If you need something more powerful or will be doing longer dives I would consider a canister light just for the longer burn time, especially if your doing multiple dives a day.

Personally I know lots of divers in Lake Travis that have spent a lot of money on these Sola 600 lights. Personally they don't strike me as all of that and a box of chips. A DRIS 1000 can easily compete.

Personally I'm very happy with the home build canister light that I got from Andrew here on SB. Works very well for Lake Travis dives for 4-5 hours at max output and cost a fraction of the Sola.

If I'm missing something, I'd love to hear it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom