Honeymoon Cove, Palos Verdes - Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPKelpDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is a video of a dive Frank and I did back in May, at Honeymoon Cove Palos Verdes. Filmed on a Gopro Hero2, so make sure to click HD. Watch it before Youtube mutes the audio track.

Here is the link to the original post which includes a dive report and pictures from this dive taken by Frank Lukowski (Frankpro1).
A Very Dry Fish Finally Gets His Honeymoon

Visibility was good that day, very blue with particulates, but the video came out super green. I did the best I could with the white balance to make the video look as it did to us on the dive. I try not to make it look better than it was; My goal is always to represent the experience as it felt and looked to me while I was diving. I try to avoid the "movie magic".

My goal is always to represent the experience as it felt and looked to me
You should slide your camera down the trail and roll it a few times to show what diving at Honeymoon Cove is really like. :)

No kidding. I usually take a butt plant a couple times on the way down; not the steep part, but the rest of the trail with all the loose dirt and rocks.
I regret not filming the rest of the trail. It would have been great to get the way back up on video and a first person perspective, but this was my first dive after a 4 month dry spell called college so I was eager to get into the water.

Back
Top Bottom