White Star

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike in Wixom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New to diving....and a solo.....I want to get some more experience.....If I was to head down to White Star is there enough divers for me to be safe....without having a buddy ahead of time.....I want to go tomorrow morning......

There is liable to be a bunch of people there given the weather but your safety is entirely dependent on you. Not anyone else. Would you be able to find a buddy? Possibly, but no one is under any obligation to dive with you. The Dive concession there is run by a shop out of Michigan. I don't know if they have a buddy policy or not. I don't see anything on the site that prohibits solo diving or that requires you to have a buddy.

On the other hand they are pretty good at recovering missing divers :D.

Jim....thanks for the response.....at my experience level.....I wouldn't dream of diving alone.....I will skip tomorrow and go to the local dive shop and check on scheduled outings. I am just really anxious to get back at it.....

Mike,

If you're outgoing I would bet you could find someone to dive with. I'll go up and start a conversation with anybody though - my friends say I'd talk to a tree. You're not allowed to dive solo there anyway.

boat

Wish I would have seen this, I was diving there on friday from 9am til 10 pm. I will message you my number, give me a buzz when you want to go.
I live in Livonia.

Thanks for all your responses.....I appreciate it.....I did stop by the Dive Shop in Novi and will be able to tag alone with their group next weekend. In the future I will post earlier if I want to go and do not have a buddy. Several of you were nice enough to offer to meet me somewhere....thanks

Mike,

Have you been to Spring Mill Pond in Island Lake State Rec Area yet? It's not very far from Wixom and if you post here you can probably find someone to meet you. Don't expect too much, but it 's an ok place for a tune up dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom