Sixty feet under

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
“A diver does not want to die in his bed”
In the warm lights of the late afternoon, the bay was all colors and long shadows; the best place in the world to enjoy the spectacle was the bow of the boat was sitting on, but my head was elsewhere. Gunter’s words were still resonating in my head. A diver does not want to die in his bed.

With his long gray hair, unshaven beard and a passion for rum, Gunter surely did look like a pirate. But he wasn’t one. His controversial statements, as shocking as they sounded, were just the thoughts of a man who was not afraid to say what others wouldn’t. Nobody knew those wrecks like him. Twenty-eight years exploring solo, mulling the risks of deep-ocean diving got him used to the idea of death. The possibility always looming didn’t seem to bother him, not nearly as much as the thought of getting old living somebody else’s life. He had the courage to pull the plug and take that leap into the unknown, to start a a new chapter made of water, nature, freedom and isolation. I respected him for that. But was he right this time?...

[Read more...]
Backpack and sunnies: Sixty feet under

1GOPR0035.avi.Still001.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom