Looking for a reccomendation for where to take OW classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wineaux

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A friend who lives down in LA is looking to get her OW certification, hopefully sometime this summer/fall and I said I'd ask here for some recommendations on what dive shop and/or instructor to go through. She lives in the West LA/Hollywood area if that makes any difference. When I did my OW up here in Nor Cal I just stumbled into the closest dive shop and signed up for the next class. In hindsight (and after finding this board) I realize I was extremely lucky to get a great instructor and have a small class so I thought I'd help my friend out with some advance recon to make sure she is going to train with the right place/person!

Thanks in advance!

I recommend Hollywood Divers, I did my OW with them in January and found that the course went great and the instructors were very knowledgeable and friendly. In my case the class size was very small for group lessons, though that's probably because it was January with 55F water. Throughout the whole experience my instructors and dive masters were very safety focused and I always felt safe and well looked after.

Back
Top Bottom