Dive Rite Nomad, or Armadillo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For that configuration I prefer my Armadillo. I have one of the original Armadillos with 33 lbs lift. Nothing more than that is needed with Faber 85s. The 60 lbs of lift on the Nomad would be a bit of overkill for that configuration. That being said, I do also use a Nomad for other diving configurations so I'm not knocking it at all.

Thanks for the response Diveaholic. To be honest the reason I asked about those 2 is that I have a chance to pick up one or the other at a great price. The armadillo is still in the box, has never even been put together, and the Nomad has been used, but is just like new. I'm a divematser who walked into the trap of one of those "try sidemount" deals, and now of course I'm hooked. But with all the gear I already have, I was just looking to limit the damage to the bank account. It's not like I would be doing anything serious as far as sidemount goes right now, but I would like to have gear that is appropriate when I take the class.

I don't normally use any weight with a single steel tank and a SS BP. I would have jumped on the armadillo, except for the fact that it sure seemed like I needed a lot more lift than I thought I would need during the demo. It was in a Nomad with steel 85's. I was able to get neutral, but I had to add air 3 times. I figure if I go with the nomad, I can always bungee the wing, and the lift would be there if needed. I don't really think I would max out an armadillo, but if I did, I would be out of options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom