New dive site, new lens.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Phil's been waiting to dive the Point Vicente pinnacles for over 3 years. Every time we try, there's formidable current or dirty, green surface water, which never bodes well around P.V. Today, the kelp was strait up, the surface looked great, and we descended into 20+ feet vis.

The pinnacles are individual columns of rock for the most part, and the ones today were at least 25 feet tall. Phil says there are some that begin at 80 feet and end shallow; we may look for them tomorrow.

I was pretty excited to exercise my new lens again today. Inspired by another UW photographer who shall remain nameless, (Margaret Webb), I coaxed Phil into searching eBay for the elusive Sigma 28-70mm zoom lens. By gum, he found one, and I'm having some fun with it.

blue_pixel.gif

Follow Ups:

blue_pixel.gif

Wow Merry! Way to make an already dry fish feel even drier :) Love the head on Black and Yellow capture and the conglomerate of Barred Bass. That seems to be one versatile lens. I was a bit skeptic of the Sigma lens lineup, but after seeing your results....me thinks a Sigma 70mm macro is in my near future. :D

Thanks for the post. I hope we can connect in the fall to catch up and get wet together. Maybe dust off the old goat hooves for some shore diving?

Speaking of shore diving, Charlie and I are planning a Bonaire trip for the coming late spring / early summer. Maybe you and Phil would be interested? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom