Special Hoses for Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter69_56

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would refer you to my post here; http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...459065-tank-psi-over-filled-drain-dive-6.html

Why make special hoses which I cannot easily replace when at remote locations? If the Delta 4 reg had a swivel hose which fitted into a standard hose fitting on the reg I would love it. If I don't like the swivel hose or blow it, I can then chose to replace it with like for like or in a pinch, fit a standard hose to allow me to continue to dive?

Same with the HP quick disconnect, take off the quick disconnect fitting and its a special Oceanic hose. I blew one at Truk and was screwed. Also blew a second one in Oz and it took ages to get a replacement. Forcing me to buy special hoses because you try and make me buy everything oceanic simply drives me away from your product. Most of my gear is Oceanic, however if this is your new marketing strategy to capture existing customers, I think in the end you will lose more than you gain.

Back
Top Bottom