catalinafuntours.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wasabean

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi everyone, has anyone ever traveled with catalinafuntours before? They are having a amazon local deal, $35 RT to catalina island. I'm thinking about buying a couple but I'm not sure how they deal with scuba gear onboard. here is a copy of their luggage policy:
CARRY-ON LUGGAGE ONLY. Only two pieces of hand-carried luggage per person. Single-handled ice chests only. No tools of any kind. No carts, wagons, large hand trucks. *NO GAS/PROPANE STOVES AND NO FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS. A golf bag counts as one piece of luggage.

I'm sure everyone that owns their own gear have some kind of dolly or makeshift transportation for their tanks, weights, fins, etc... so the question is, does anyone know exactly what they'll allow or not allow?

In the past, I used a portable 150lb capacity dolly and I tied a milk crate onto it and in the milk crate were 2 tanks, weights and fins. soft items I carried in a large duffle. this was on catalina express and they gave me no problems at all.

Thanks guy.

Never heard of them but after checking their website they appear to use the primary cross-channel boats (rather than their own). The on-island "services" they provide appear to be through partnerships with established businesses.

thanks drbill, I also emailed them on details before I purchase tickets and then find out they won't allow dive gear onboard.

I tool advantage of this Amazon Local deal this morning for two round trips, figuring $70 for two was a good deal. Later this afternoon I got the following by email. I guess the deal was TOO popular :confused:

Hello,
We're contacting you about your recent Amazon Local purchase for a Round-Trip Boat Ride to Catalina Island from ALLuxury. Unfortunately, this voucher is no longer available for redemption. We've issued a refund to your payment method and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If this order was a gift, we've also notified the gift recipient.

We know you were excited about using your voucher and we've added a $10 promotion to your Amazon Local account as a token of our sincere apology. Your promotional code will be applied directly to your Amazon Local account within the next 24 hours. You will then be able to see this available promotional balance at checkout when placing an order. Or, you can view your balance at any time in the Payment Methods section of your Amazon Local account (https://local.amazon.com/account/payments?). You don't need to enter a claim code--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically.

We again apologize for any inconvenience and we hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Amazon Local Customer Service
AmazonLocal.com

Note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

No diving gear on board. Not honoring an advertised deal. That sounds like a bad way to build a brand name and break a new service. Talking about bad marketing. This can cause more of negative publicity than the positive the coupon was supposed to make. Obviously this will not work for divers at all... I will take a guess that they will not allow bicycles either, which means that this deal is not good for most Catalina visitors :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom