Single diver heading to Maui Sept 2 - 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm heading to Maui in Sept for some great dives and to advance my skills, also plan to do some snorkeling / free dives, and also want to try out my new Hero 3.

Last year I was a newbie OW in Maui, and stuck to the west - did some great dives with Extended Horizons - Mala Pier shore dive and then two days to Lanai to both Cathedrals, Sargent Major, etc, and lots of great snorkeling at various sites along the west. I've subsequently had a chance to gain further experience with some great dives in Belize (Glovers etc), and some of the less demanding dives in the Galapagos (off of San Cristobal - Kicker Rock etc).

I'd like to do some more training now to further up my skills, and also gain further experience. This time around I thought of starting in Kihei area, doing the advanced OW and also getting nitrox cert perhaps with Ed Robinson folks (I've already chatted with Robin) over a few days, and then some additional dives with them and possibly with Mike Severn folks. Would like to get some more familiarity with drift / current diving, and on basic contingency planning for possible emergency scenarios, and so on. Then perhaps head back to the west for some further dives with EH over a couple of days (perhaps back to Lanai, and possibly night dives at Black Rocks and ??).

Sound like a reasonable plan? Just starting to look into details, including possible accommodations, so suggestions and recommendations welcome! If any other SB folks will be in the area during that window and would like to meet up at some point for some dives/snorkels and/or to share experiences, that would be great as well.

Cheers!

You will be missing me by about a week. If I were staying longer I would go diving with you. I go to Maui 3 or 4 times a year and have a blast. Try the Back wall of Molakini and maybe the hammerhead dive. But if you want to try something that sets it apart from the rest, Try a Scooter dive with www.mauiscooterdivers.com Great people and great fun, my favorite group to go diving with while on Maui. Enjoy and Aloha

Back
Top Bottom