Liveaboard in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
i am looking to go for a liveaboard in August in Maldives. Is it good time to dive during that season? Also would you recommend liveaboard or resort diving? many Thanks in advance
Arnav

I did a liveaboard trip last August on the Carpe Vita, and the diving was excellent. We saw pretty much everything you'd want in the Maldives - mantas, whale sharks, sharks, turtles, eels, giant schools of fish, and plenty of macro critters too. We had some rough weather during our crossing out of Male, but other than that, the skies were clear and sunny every day.

I'm booked on a Liveaboard (Sachika) for a week in early August, so fingers crossed conditions/sightings live up to FFigawi's experiences last year.

Only thing I'd say is that I booked my trip back in March and a lot of the boats (particularly the better known ones) were already booked back then so if you're looking to go next month you might have issues finding a spot. Good luck.

August is considered 'low' season in the Maldives Arnav but it's rare that the weather is exceptionally bad. MV Orion is discounting it's few remaining places for August & MV Singray I know has spaces left on most of their August trips but taking in to consideration what's happening in Egypt, this may well change.

We have a LOB trip happening from the 5th of July to the 12th.
Atoll Cruiser is the boat and Dive The Wild along with Atoll Scuba are managing all the diving activities.

Have few spots left and the price is at an unbeatable $1650.
18 dives (2 night dives)
Full board meals, island excursion and a lot more

Basic info here at Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Send me your email address il have all the details and brochure sent to you!

Cheers
Tilak Goswami
divethewildscuba@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/divethewild

Whereisthesea,

Most people do the central atolls as their first experience of the Maldives. Then after that they visit more distant atolls on their second trip. The diving is really good in both places. It is nice to get away from the crowds when you go to the north and the sea plane journey adds to the experience. Monsoon is a gorgeous boat too. I think if you asked 100 people if it was worth spending a little more purely for the diving the response would be 50:50.

There is always cheaper and better one please contact at here marketingteam@letsgomaldives.com

---------- Post added July 14th, 2014 at 04:32 PM ----------

Hello,August and September is Manta season in Maldives and you will have spectacular experience with liveboard.If you would like to have more info please contact me @ marketingteam@letsgomaldives.com. We will offer best for your needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom