Snorkeling the CocoView Resort front yard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
CocoView Resort, Roatan

The front yard........ snorkeling

[vimeo]69982741[/vimeo]

I am a scuba diver most of the time.... but on our last day of the trip, we ventured out to the front yard at CCV to check it out as a snorkeler. IMHO, this is some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, and only steps from your room!!!

robin

Very nice video, and I agree that is good snorkeling. However, when I was in Roatan in March about 6 years ago, the winds were such that snorkeling on the south side of the island (where CocoView is) would not have been possible most days. I stayed near West Bay Beach, which was very sheltered in the prevailing wind conditions and was able to snorkel virtually every day. Maybe someone else could comment on the seasonal snorkeling conditions at CocoView and if the weather conditions I encountered were typical. How dependable is the snorkeling at CocoView at various times of year? Scuba divers seem to really like the place, so if the snorkeling was dependable, this might be a good destination for snorkelers too.

I found some of the best snorkeling to be under the rooms, specifically the cabanas. Even a school of silversides there, in early May. (Several big lionfish too unfortunately.)

I found some of the best snorkeling to be under the rooms, specifically the cabanas. Even a school of silversides there, in early May. (Several big lionfish too unfortunately.)

What is the depth under the cabanas ? I thought those areas were too shallow ?

2-3 feet? Enough. Could be I was snorkeling at high tide, such as it is. I think it was a little deeper under the buildings than where I had to swim (skim?) to get there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom