DIR/TECH divers in Montreal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know I'm probably not on the best subforum but hey, might aswell try!

I've been looking for a local shop around Montreal where I could rent or demo any BP/W and so far, haven't found anything. Reason for that is that my future plan is to go on the tec side (yeah I know lots of people mention it and a very few actually do it) and I really wanted to make sure I can at least try one before I make a decision on buying. I currently dive a Zeagle Ranger and plan on adding a SS BP with STA to get the feel before converting to full BP/W.
Also, my girlfriend is kinda "petite" at 5'3" 110lbs and no other BCD came close to fit her yet. tried the ladyhawk, lotus I3, saleen wing and others i can't recall.

Any help would be appreciated on finding a spot where to demo or rent.

I am also interested on maybe attending a fundies down in Ottawa next spring with Steve Blanchard if anybody is interested?
I could provide lodging in Gatineau since in grew up there! :wink:

/discuss

Feel free to email Frederic Page (fred@unifiedteamdiving.com) a very solid and experienced UTD instructor. I'm sure he would be glad to help you out.

Probably the shop that is the most likely to do this kind of thing would be Nepteau. You could also try Action Scuba, you can rent a complete set of doubles there, so probably a BP/W.

Best thing to do would be to go by Action Scuba. They have doubles with back plate and wing that you can rent. Talk to Gary the shop owner about setting up a trial in the pool since its your first time in doubles. There is a pool sessions coming up the weekend of july 27th & 28th so talk to him before then.

"I find it fascinating that more men have walked on the moon than have seen the ocean below 800 feet."

Last I checked, there were 12 people that have walked on the Moon. There are many more than this that have seen the Ocean below 800 feet (myself being one of them). I've personally worked with dozens of Saturation Divers in depths over 1000 feet. So I'd redo that Signature of yours, unless it's your wish to spread inaccurate information... :)

Certainly no intent to pass on inaccurate info, hope no one is inspired to dive to 800 feet on account of a quote. When it was spoken, many years ago, it was factual. Kinda makes you think though.

Last I checked, there were 12 people that have walked on the Moon. There are many more than this that have seen the Ocean below 800 feet (myself being one of them). I've personally worked with dozens of Saturation Divers in depths over 1000 feet. So I'd redo that Signature of yours, unless it's your wish to spread inaccurate information... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom