DG03 Warranty Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVRICK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased a new DG03 from Dive Gear Express. When I went to the Hollis website to register the computer it does not show up in the drop down menu as a choice. Can I not register my computer? How will I receive notification if there are safety issues? Is this not under warranty? It has the firmware upgrade. Is this under recall and should I ship it back to Hollis for replacement with another computer?

If you need phone # to hollis let me know i have around here someplace. Good luck with your dg03 mine as been one thing after another more time in calif then here diving.

@nofish- Can you recap your problems? I quick look at your posting history sounds like you got the computer this year, had some problems with your AI, something about a low battery and now the recall for the AI. Correct?

Personally I wouldn't touch AI with a ten foot pole on any dive computer. I know WVRick didn't either. It is kinda wierd you can't register online but buying from DGE (I'm pretty sure that was their Hollis's biggest seller of DG03's) I don't really feel the need to register it. I feel confident DGE knows who I am and when I bought it.

After a million dropped cell calls I really don't want to trust my tank pressure reading to anything transmitted. Since I am never going to use AI I am not worried about that issue. However, I am interested in the basic functions and reliability such as depth, time, safety stop and ascent rates. Have you had any problems with the basic information?

yes for some reason even after battery change when i start any dive it saying to long??? the tank psi deal im over that just money down the hole. Ive piss away money before . I cant say hollis as not been there but sometime a pos is a pos. I got in nov and in that time its been in calif 3 months.I do not have it now. IM now a bass and glass guy!!!!

Oceanic called me and it is under warranty.

---------- Post added July 15th, 2013 at 06:02 PM ----------

yes for some reason even after battery change when i start any dive it saying to long??? the tank psi deal im over that just money down the hole. Ive piss away money before . I cant say hollis as not been there but sometime a pos is a pos. I got in nov and in that time its been in calif 3 months.I do not have it now. IM now a bass and glass guy!!!!

Maybe they would exchange it for a DG02. Never hurts to ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom