3 Photos from my first day with the D7100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmasin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In Bonaire this week, and the first day with the D7100 and Nauticam housing went great! Still going through photos, and only on a laptop monitor, so color/exposure could be a tad off.

There will definitely be a learning curve with the setup, but I couldn't be happier. The G10 was great, but this is amazing!! I can't believe I waited so long!

DSC_1197.jpgDSC_1226.jpgDSC_1315.jpg

Those look pretty cool. I am not on a good monitor either though haha... Good color, looks a bit OOF to me, but im picky...

Thanks - yeah, they're not perfect, but compared to my G10 I couldn't be happier.

Did a touch better with these two - I got better through the week as I got more used to things - buoyancy needs to be pretty darn good for SHARP photos...

(EDIT - Just realized that copying and displaying through the scubaboard photo viewer was hurting image quality a bit)

dsc_1728.jpg

dsc_1603.jpg

Attachments

• dsc_1728.jpg
    dsc_1728.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 109
  • dsc_1603.jpg
    dsc_1603.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 116
Thanks - sorry shoudl have included details -

Nikon D7100
Nikon 105mm Macro (the new one with VR)
Nauticam housing & port
2 x Sea and Sea YS-01 strobes triggered with optical synch cords in TTL mode
Everything shot in Manual mode, varied ISO from 200-320 to experiment a bit with flexibility

No focus light, which is next. There were a few in-sponge shots that I was wishing I had it...

A few more -

dsc_1528.jpg

dsc_1452.jpg

Very nice!

For focus light, check this:

i-Torch Video Pro6 - Best Video and Focus Light

It appears to be unique and has all of the features one can think of in a focus/video light.

Yeah, the difference between a compact and a DSLR is amazing.

As far as the iTorch lights they also have another version of the Pro6 called the FishLite that's come out - it has the same light head & battery (1 & a spare; 2400 lumens, red/white light 3 steps, but no UV/purple light. However the cost is only $499, about $150 or so cheaper.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom