Beautiful day for a dive, until we got in the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
There was a gale warning for Southern California waters this afternoon, so we rushed out early to make a quick dive on the barge. I hoped to get some wide angle shots of the Man in the Little Boat to document its transition to a thriving artificial reef.
The top five feet was beautiful. Gone was the typical pea green water, replaced by a blue green layer that looked promising. At five feet it began to get dark and cloudy. It remained that way down to the sand. With ten to twelve feet of hazy visibility, I figured I would just lug around my expensive paperweight, but I was able to get a few shots.

RedondoBarge1_zpseaceda14.jpg

RedondoBarge15_zps00c97e23.jpg

RedondoBarge2_zpsba70e1be.jpg

RedondoBarge3_zps4ea37e0c.jpg

RedondoBarge12_zps23d65ea7.jpg

RedondoBarge11_zps936d273c.jpg

RedondoBarge13_zpsb654b249.jpg

RedondoBarge8_zps6ef60dc0.jpg

RedondoBarge5_zps0cac4b41.jpg

RedondoBarge7_zps8f98e4a7.jpg

RedondoBarge17_zps97dee93d.jpg

RedondoBarge20_zpsdcf0c9b7.jpg

RedondoBarge9_zps42ab0c55.jpg

There was a gale warning for Southern California waters this afternoon, so we rushed out early to make a quick dive on the barge. I hoped to get some wide angle shots of the Man in the Little Boat to document its transition to a thriving artificial reef.
The top five feet was beautiful. Gone was the typical pea green water, replaced by a blue green layer that looked promising. At five feet it began to get dark and cloudy. It remained that way down to the sand. With ten to twelve feet of hazy visibility, I figured I would just lug around my expensive paperweight, but I was able to get a few shots.

RedondoBarge1_zpseaceda14.jpg

You are spoiled rotten! I would take any of your shots over literally all of my poor attempts of u/w photography.

A rosy rockfish! That makes up for marginal viz, at least in my book.

What are those eggs?
Red Octopus. We've been finding them on a lot of dives the past couple of years.

Hi Phil, Are you the guy diving off the boat with the double outboard motors?
Yes. It's a C-Dory Tomcat.
cid_f79d165f_b53a_4cb1_9af7_7f16649a1e9c.jpg

Always love seeing your photography!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Very nice

Back
Top Bottom