Din or yoke regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pongo1998

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to take the recreation side mount class and eventually take the tec courses. The reg I have now is a yoke. Can I continue to use this reg or do I need to get at least two din regs?

I am going to take the recreation side mount class and eventually take the tec courses. The reg I have now is a yoke. Can I continue to use this reg or do I need to get at least two din regs?

Most regs can be easily converted from yoke to DIN.

flots

I have used yoke. No problems. There is less "clutter" with DIN.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The problem is that with yoke there are certain styles like the Nomad Ring Bungie system that do not work well, so one might end end choosing am approach based on the yoke system, and then when/if you switch to DIN you will have already given up on an approach that you might like to use.

yoke works but definitely din is less clutter and a bit safer to the point of view of lots of diver if you go in tight place

for tech or sidemount you will need 2 DIN first stages and second stages, use your Yoke for your 50/50 or 100% Deco bottle.

it's the exact set up I have.

I use my Yoke for recreational diving or on my 100% 30cft bottle. the dedicated DIN first stages for my doubles or side mount rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can use your yoke for now. Down the road, if you actually like SM and choose to commit to making further gear purchases you can buy a DIN. At the same time you will also have a better appreciation of which type of DIN reg you want based upon your hose routing needs.

---------- Post added August 1st, 2013 at 08:33 PM ----------

The problem is that with yoke there are certain styles like the Nomad Ring Bungie system that do not work well, so one might end end choosing am approach based on the yoke system, and then when/if you switch to DIN you will have already given up on an approach that you might like to use.

Why won't a yoke work there? I would say the ring system is one that better suits a yoke because you don't have to route anything around the valve. The Hollis sms system I could see being a pita.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom