Gear Test Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjjjeremy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey all,

Where can I go in Orange County for a couple dives to get used to my new gear?

As a side note, I'm also looking for some dive buddies too. My girlfriend decided that she's not a cold water diver pretty soon after we got certified a year ago. Because of that I've been limited to freediving/spearfishing since then.

Thanks! I'm starting to understand the "club" scene her is southern California. Nothing like what we have up north.

From what I've seen, it's more and less formal. More formal because there's a lot of for-pay diving out of shops, and less formal because there are a lot more online groups where people just post buddy requests. I haven't seen much of the middle road that is free/low cost clubs that aren't associated with a shop.

But maybe that's me and the fact that i've mostly been free diving.

From what I've seen, it's more and less formal. More formal because there's a lot of for-pay diving out of shops, and less formal because there are a lot more online groups where people just post buddy requests. I haven't seen much of the middle road that is free/low cost clubs that aren't associated with a shop.

But maybe that's me and the fact that i've mostly been free diving.

Check out Power Scuba ...... here is their SB sub forum: Power Scuba
How about: Scuba Diving Laguna Beach with South Coast Divers
And there is more. :D

Laguna Sea Dwellers also is a diving club.

I don't know much about diving clubs because I'm not all into organizations and such. I just go diving and meet up with some people on the various dive boats or shore dives.

low cost clubs that aren't associated with a shop.
South coast divers isn't really a club, no fees, and the only meetings are Saturday morning to dive. It is a couple experienced divers that dive Saturdays (conditions permitting) with whoever shows up. When my regular buddy can't dive, I go with them. I also subscribe to the free emails for the detailed Laguna dive report/forecasts.

That kind of association is great down here. Just looking at this forum, there are 8+ clubs in southern ca with dedicated forums (fora?) and NONE in the NorCal board.

Back
Top Bottom