RG3100 or RG3100ICE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crass3000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a regulator from the LDS but it wasn't in a box and didn't come with any literature. He just mentioned this was a great regulator for a pony or stage tank in cold conditions. I'm not sure what the model number is as unfortunately Dive-Rite doesn't seem to print the model number on the first or second.

After looking at pictures it appears that the regulator is an RG3100 or RG3100ICE. Is there any way I can tell by looking at the reg if the first stage is the ICE version? I just want to confirm that it is the ICE version as the normal version is only rated down to 50F. The ICE is rated down to 27F from what I read. I need the ICE as the water temps get in the mid-30s quite a bit.

Edit: After closer examination the first stage seems to have 4 LP and 2 HP ports which leads me to believe this is a RG3000 as the RG3100 has 5 LP ports. Seems that the RG3000 had an optional cold environmental kit that I saw mentioned was likely factory installed. Is there any way to tell if I have the cold kit on the RG3000? The 2nd stages seem to be identical or similar.

If pictures help I can get some on tomorrow. Thanks!!!

If your first stage looks like this it is not environmentally sealed

e7yzege6.jpg

If it looks like this, it is sealed. (Red flexible cap at one end)

zutyjamu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added July 17th, 2013 at 02:13 AM ----------

If it is not environmentally sealed, it's very easily done and you can buy the parts and do it yourself.

Yah as I thought it is likely not environmentally sealed. Definitely looks like the first one. This regulator is on Dive-Rites retired list. Do you think I would still b be able to get the environmental kit? Call Dive-Rite?

Give Dive Gear express in Florida a call, thats where I purchased mine.
Jim Breslin

+1 for Dive Gear Express, I've had no issues ordering parts for my regs through them

This is the part you'll need:

DR-RG1226BLK DR Environment (ICE) Kit for RG1208 Black Color First StageIn Stock $51.25

Thanks!!! I'll be ordering the kit shortly and will think twice about buying from the LDS. Ironically they are usually very reliable and honest.

Edit: Parts ordered. Can anybody point me to the service manual for the RG1208 / RG1208ICE (First) and the RG3000 (2nd)? I couldn't seem to locate them on the Dive-Rite page. I could only find the user's manuals.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom