Last minute trip to St Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joyclyn

Reaction score
Bought tickets today, hubby & I leaving 12/4. We've never been there and have very little time to research the dive ops and topside activities. Any suggestions for dive ops, sites, restaurants, fun stuff etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joyclyn

Hi,
I dove in St .Thomas last month. We used Barefoot divers. They are a brand new dive operator, and have nice fast new boats.
Blue Island Divers are also known to be a good shop. The best thing you can do for tons of info is to go to the top of this page where is says"search". Type in St Thomas and you can read all the threads on St Thomas. You can also go to www.scubadirectory.com for even more info.
Have fun it's a great place.
:sunny:

Hi Natasha & Ladydiver,

Thanks for the info. I now have some places to check into.

A note on searches, "St" is too short by one letter to be considered a word by the search engine. I did have good luck searching "Thomas" and found some places and activities that look fun. I'm surprised that there is not more info posted on St Thomas; I thought it was one of the most popular places in the Carib to visit. Maybe all the ships and shoppers put the dive folks off.

I am however am going to dive, dive, dive, and then eat some expensive food and nap on the beach!!! Can't wait.

Joyclyn

If you want more info here's what I know.
First off, St.Thomas is by far the best place to buy jewelry. I have checked it against even Mexico, and it always wins. If you're interested in buying Tanzanite this is the place. There is tons of very good shopping in St. Thomas.
As for restaurants, you might want to try Hotel1898 for Italian. Also, Cafe Lulu at Blackbeard's Castle is a good one. Where are you staying?
As for dive sites, if you get a fast boat have them take you to the " Blue Hole", and the" Wreck of the Rhone". Both fantastic dives. But both long boat rides if you don't have a fast boat.
There are several ferry boats that can take you to out islands if you're interested. St. John is popular for this, and so is Tortola. Both worth the ride. US residents are intitled to take home 1200.00 worth of duty free imports. Ave temp is 76 to 82 degrees. It was HOT when I was there last month!
Hope this helped a little bit more.
:sunny:

Back
Top Bottom