If only the barge was in 36 feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We made a late morning dive on the Redondo Barge today. We were excited to see the anchor line clearly at least thirty feet below the surface. As we descended past thirty-six feet the usual green soup surrounded us. It remained that way down to the sand.
There were a lot of jellies and salps in mid-water, but visibility created backscatter for all but the shallowest of images. Visibility on the barge was a dark twelve feet with 51° water.

RedondoBarge1_zpse52c79a5.jpg

The Little Man in the Boat

RedondoBarge2_zps6e1e522a.jpg

RedondoBarge3_zps9b89e763.jpg

RedondoBarge5_zps31fef805.jpg

RedondoBarge7_zpsf6900299.jpg

RedondoBarge9_zpsac03f0e2.jpg

RedondoBarge10_zps58495c5b.jpg

RedondoBarge11_zps23d284ed.jpg

RedondoBarge12_zps98cd5878.jpg

RedondoBarge13_zps361be18b.jpg

RedondoBarge15_zps7e742ed3.jpg

RedondoBarge14_zps2b6bbfd4.jpg

RedondoBarge17_zps18a1150b.jpg

RedondoBarge16_zpsac2a8ca3.jpg

Great Series! Love the Simnia captures as well as the Lingcod shot. Oh how dry I am. Piecing together my DLSR setup. Have everything now but housing and ports...... Housing will be taken care of next paycheck and fisheye + macro ports the following. Should be back in So Cal in mid October. We have to get together and get wet. Maybe dust off the old goat hooves and do some shore diving? Neptunes and good old Long Point is calling my name :)

Also, I mentioned in my last post in your previous thread that Charlie and I are heading to Bonaire this coming late spring / early summer. Have you been there yet? Are you and Merry interested in coming with us?

Hey Max do we have any info on the little man in the boat. Who placed it there, what was the reason, etc.
Thanks again for the great photos.

I know who placed it there, but I think they would like to remain anonymous. We have been discussing for years about making the top of the barge into a mini tourist attraction with smaller artificial reefs, such as garden gnomes. I put the garden statue at Marineland several years ago and it is now covered with marine life and the usual Sunday gang frequently heads there for the first part of their weekly dives.

---------- Post added July 21st, 2013 at 06:55 PM ----------

Also, I mentioned in my last post in your previous thread that Charlie and I are heading to Bonaire this coming late spring / early summer. Have you been there yet? Are you and Merry interested in coming with us?
Still recovering (financially) from the Philippines trip. We're planning a trip next year to Vancouver Island for a Not-so-Warm-Water vacation.

---------- Post added July 21st, 2013 at 06:56 PM ----------

I can't be the only other one who knows the little man in the boat reference, can I?
You mean there is more than one meaning? :blinking:

Absolutely beautiful pictures! I have been wondering what kind of camera do you use?

Hey Max do we have any info on the little man in the boat. Who placed it there, what was the reason, etc.

The Divine Creator placed it there for Women to enjoy and Men to seek out :rofl3:

Great Series! Love the Simnia captures as well as the Lingcod shot. Oh how dry I am. Piecing together my DLSR setup. Have everything now but housing and ports...... Housing will be taken care of next paycheck and fisheye + macro ports the following. Should be back in So Cal in mid October. We have to get together and get wet. Maybe dust off the old goat hooves and do some shore diving? Neptunes and good old Long Point is calling my name :)

Just got back from Bonaire, all the shore diving you can do. You will LOVE it. Warm, clear!
(Still waiting for you guys to come visit me...)

Vis and bottom temps have been pretty variable over on this side of the channel. &0 ft vis one day, 15 ft two days later; 67 F at 90 fsw one day, 53 F at 45 fsw the next. I think it's almost time to head back to the Philippines!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom