Humber Bay in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I took a little plunge this afternoon, just so I could test out my new reg. First time diving since Roatan in April

Water temp about 50 F. Vis: about a foot and a half. Couple of OW students bailed. :shakehead: Roatan this ain't.

Almost didn't get to see the power boat with the skeleton at the wheel. Probably looks great when the water's clear.

As we say in Yiddish: feh.

Be careful diving Humber in these conditions. It has been a lot of rains and the water treatment plant that is located upstream of humber river overflows the crap into the bay. As you can guess that means very unhealthy enviroment.

Glad we bailed on THAT idea. Had a nav. course at Gullivers on Sunday but got a call Saturday afternoon that a power line had gone down into the "lake". Would we like to go to Humber? Let me think.... NO! We are going to Brockville next week for our advanced then leaving for Cayman Brac the following week. The last thing any of us need is a raging ear infection.

Sounds yummy lol

I wish there were a reliable way to predict/determine viz in the various dive spots ahead of time...

Humber is decent when the winds have been out of the north or north-west for a few days in a row. South (on-shore) wind messes up the visibility and creates significant shore break. The best time to dive Humber is in the fall/winter. We have seen 100' vis in the winter.

I did Humber last summer, but it was a boat dive. Cold as hell, but the vis was fine. Brockville next week and Toby the week after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom