Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuderdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to got there from August 30 to September 11 or so, mostly because that's the cheapest plane ticket from here to somewhere in the Caribbean ($350 RT, on a 7 hour flight).

I'm looking for dive operator and dive site info. I'd like to get to Mona, but there seems to be no one going there on a regular basis. I'd like to do a liveaboard.

I'm searching the web for info, etc., but I thought I would put a line in here. If anyone has anything for me, please pass it along :)

Thanks,
nd

Looking to got there from August 30 to September 11 or so, mostly because that's the cheapest plane ticket from here to somewhere in the Caribbean ($350 RT, on a 7 hour flight).

I'm looking for dive operator and dive site info. I'd like to get to Mona, but there seems to be no one going there on a regular basis. I'd like to do a liveaboard.

I'm searching the web for info, etc., but I thought I would put a line in here. If anyone has anything for me, please pass it along :)

Thanks,
nd

If you want to go to Mona check out Encanto Divers out fo Caguas PR they have frequent trip to la Mona. They have a website Encanto Divers | Clases de buceo en Puerto Rico | Diving classes in Puerto Rico and a facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/pages/Encanto-Divers/191557294278980

In Guanica check our Island Scuba - Pedro Padilla and Nayda have a great op in that area - Scuba Diving School & Dive Trips in Puerto Rico - Island Scuba - check out their facebook for amazing pics https://www.facebook.com/pages/Island-Scuba-Puerto-Rico/174355842627928

If you need info on how to get around the island check my other post regarding Puerto Rico or send me a PM. I was born and raised in PR and I know many operators in the island...Also check out The Dive Shop PR - The Dive Shop Puerto Rico - My friend Papo Braulio is 30+ Dive operator from Mayaguez...Check out also Jesus Morales for Blue Water Scuba - Ponce PR - Blue Water Scuba

Also look at this site Dive West Puerto Rico it has lots of good inof about PR west and dive site w coordinates...

Let me know if you need more info!!

Gino

Hi Gino,

I'm headed to PR 17-31 and hoping to get in 10-15 dives while I'm there (as well as lots of land activities too)

Any recomendations on charter AOW dive sites 'you'll regret if you didn't do them' on a trip?

BRad

Do the Guanica Walls w Island Scuba - they have about 40 different sites w deeps about 70+, I would recommend also a night dive there with them. Also do Ponce, check out Blue Water Scuba. Desecheo is another good site for AOW. Taino Divers out Rincon goes there regularly. WELCOME. If you have time Mona Ilsand is another site you might want to do. Encanto Divers has weekend trips...check them out at Contacte un instructor de buceo en Puerto Rico | Encanto Divers. You can also check out the Caverns of Isabela , Rafols from Aquatica Dive and Surf can also take you there. Contact us

A good AOW dive of the coast of Aguadilla is the B29 Wreck. Is about 130 feet...Check my other posting as I have put info on this site. Here is you tube video of the site Diving the B29 crash near aguadilla Puerto Rico - YouTube

Enjoy!!! All of this sites are on the South West side of the island... a 2 hours drive from San Juan but wroth it!!!!

Hi Gino,

I'm headed to PR 17-31 and hoping to get in 10-15 dives while I'm there (as well as lots of land activities too)

Any recomendations on charter AOW dive sites 'you'll regret if you didn't do them' on a trip?

BRad

We dove PR about four or five years ago. Went to Rincon first, and dove Desecheo Island twice with Taino Divers, and then did one day at La Parguera. If we had it to do over again, and no offense to Taino, but we would do two days on the La Parguera walls, and only one dive on the Island. We dove with West Divers out of La Parguera.

We dove PR about four or five years ago. Went to Rincon first, and dove Desecheo Island twice with Taino Divers, and then did one day at La Parguera. If we had it to do over again, and no offense to Taino, but we would do two days on the La Parguera walls, and only one dive on the Island. We dove with West Divers out of La Parguera.

Going to Guanica or Parguera is basicly the same...by sea they are minutes apart... by land about 9 miles....At LA Parguera you can use Paradise Scuba and snorkeling center.http://www.paradisescubasnorkelingpr.com/
.. Kiko 7878997611. ( just be aware they need a minimum of 4 divers to go out) Let me know if you need any more info....

Thanks

Gino

Last edited:
Hello,

Any ideas about diving around Aguada for next winter ?

Thanks

Hello,

Any ideas about diving around Aguada for next winter ?

Thanks

It depends the type of diving you want to do! Aguadilla, the next town over offers plenty of shore diving at Crashboat, El Natural and the Wave Breaker...Also you have Desecheo Island, Rincon has some nice reef and 1800 ship wreck ( not much left thought). Also in coast of Aguadillas you have the B29 Wreck about 130 ft deep. However during that time sea tends to be rough in that area... You can look into Ponce, Guanica or La Parguera. If you want more information on OPS see my post above. Aguada is very close to all these locations. If you are staying there you wont have a problem reaching any of the places I mentioned...Let me know if you need more info...

Gino

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom