Pura Vida/Sea-explorers Dauin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maria09

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody have experience with the Pura Vida resort/ Sea-explorers in Dauin? I have been using Sea-explorers at Alona for years so am considering using them also when going to Dauin, in which case it seems easier to also stay at Pura Vida.

So if anyone tried either the resort or dive-shop it would be great to hear how your experience with them was before I book.

Thanks

I stayed there about 1 year ago as part of Sea Explorers safari to various locations. The Pura Vida was the nicest of the resorts I stayed at. Fairly typical dive ops as all other Sea Explorer locations. Rooms were nice, the outdoor bar and dining area very nice. Breakfast was served in a different area under a roof. Nice pool close to the bar. When I was there during the weekend, the pool, bar, and dining tables were very busy with expats with their PI wives and kids. Quieted down when they left Sunday afternoon. I think Pura Vida sells resort access on the weekend.

I stayed there in 2010. Very happy with the room, the staff, and the diving operation. The dining area is OK too but we also experimented with the restaurant at an adjacent resort that you can get to by walking up the beach (to the left when facing the water).

I spend a week there 2011 and was more than happy!
They also arrange transports to their other locations by boat or by car to Cebu airport, both worked well!
j-p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for all your answers, sounds like a nice place, so will try to book with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom