Good online FreeDiving Information?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All :)

I've been googling freediving and breathold diving and finding lots of info, the problem is, I don't know if it was posted by Larry and his brother darrell and his other brother darrell, or if it was posted by someone who actually can find their own bum with both hands and a road map.

at the moment I'm not freediving, but rather learning how to swim and building endurance, I'd like to be able to build good habits right from the getgo, cause the only thing harder than teaching an old dog a new trick is getting him to unlearn an old one :)

it would be nice to have a list of links to good info here, things like proper breathing techniques, stretching to improve rib cage elasticity, etc.

Stay Safe

minno

found some great info on the forum at deeperblue.com just in case I'm not the only one looking :)

Stay Safe

minno

unfortunately dive training isn't an option at the moment although I'm starting swimming lessons soon, I'll look into dive training for next spring.

I found these free divessi.com online courses, thought I'd go through the snorkeling one and then the freediving course as well.

Stay Safe

minno

I see that you live in BC, which is also the home of Performance Freediving.

Their classes are spectacular, authoratative and detailed, and may be just what you're looking for. Fdog Review: Performance Freediving

All the best, James

thanx for the link and review James, sounds like a great crew :)

I had a look at their courses/schedule, I think I figured out why the instructors are so cheerful, if I got all expenses paid trips to go get paid to do what I love in some of the most beautiful places in the world I'd be cheerful too :) but they don't seem to hold many courses in BC :( I'll get in touch with 'em and see what they have for next year.

I went through the snorkel course from the link above, lots of good safety info for beginners, takes about an hour to read through.

Stay Safe

minno

Back
Top Bottom