Diving in france

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jakobso

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! I'm traveling to france in half a week and i thought of diving there.. We are going to stay 30 min outside Montpellier. We are willing to go for a drive to get to the place where it is best to dive. we does like to dive in different sceneries. we are just hobby divers and like the guided tours where you can rent equipment, are there any of these "shops" around montpellier?
sincerly Jakob

You also need a valid medical form from a generaliste to dive. We paid about 20eur for 2 people.

Hi! I'm traveling to france in half a week and i thought of diving there.. We are going to stay 30 min outside Montpellier. We are willing to go for a drive to get to the place where it is best to dive. we does like to dive in different sceneries. we are just hobby divers and like the guided tours where you can rent equipment, are there any of these "shops" around montpellier?
sincerly Jakob
nothing to dive near Montpellier.
all this area is sand.
small rocks, 14 m deep, at Frontignan.
You need to go nearly Marseille (in Carry-Le-Rouet) or nearly Banyuls (spanish border)

You also need a valid medical form from a generaliste to dive. We paid about 20eur for 2 people.

Say what? I to am headed to France in a couple weeks and was hoping to do a couple of dives while we are in the Mediterranean. What is the deal with the medical form? It is a requirement to dive? Where do you get one?

Say what? I to am headed to France in a couple weeks and was hoping to do a couple of dives while we are in the Mediterranean. What is the deal with the medical form? It is a requirement to dive? Where do you get one?
yes, it is generally asked, as required by our regulation laws
in a lot of countries, you sign a discharge of responsability. This discharge has no legal value here.
so, you need a certificate from your physician assuming you're able to dive.

see english forms
i think something like will be OK, but i can't assure it.

http://medical.ffessm.fr/wp-content/uploads/CNCI_french-anglais.pdf
http://medical.ffessm.fr/wp-content/uploads/scubadiving_contraindication2009.pdf

Last edited:
I vouch for Port-Cros. The first marine park in Europe is now teeming with life, from schools of barracudas to large groupers. The only place I've been in the med where the biomass is comparable to tropical seas.
It may be too far from montpellier though...

Yes it is required by a dive charter. We got ours by visiting a clinic which was close to the port when we were diving in Marseille. The charter would not let us on board otherwise. If I remember correctly it was valid for half a year.

Thanks folks. Sounds like we will be visiting my partners doctor in Frigac, before we head further South.

Thanks for so good response! seems like we have a lot to wait for! I'm really excited, long time ago now since i've been diving. But I have another question about the medical form, is that needed even if we have our PADI certificates?
Sincerly, Jakob!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom