Ikelite 6767.7 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theu1991

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I emailed your staff and gave you guys a call today. I had my questions answered and the staff was very helpful.

I have a question about my housing. I have the Ikelite 6767.7 housing. Would this housing reasonably fit any other cameras other than the Minolta 7xi? I would not need every control to work.

I know you recommend to not use another camera in the housing but I would just like to know if there are any other options that I have that will fit in the housing.

Also, my housing has a hairline crack that allows water to trickle into the housing while underwater. I read online that someone used a dremel to cut lightly into the crack from within the housing and then used a cement sealant to patch the crack. Is this something you would advise doing or is there a better option out there for me?

Thanks in advance.

theu1991,

I have a question about my housing. I have the Ikelite 6767.7 housing. Would this housing reasonably fit any other cameras other than the Minolta 7xi? I would not need every control to work.

No.

Also, my housing has a hairline crack that allows water to trickle into the housing while underwater. I read online that someone used a dremel to cut lightly into the crack from within the housing and then used a cement sealant to patch the crack. Is this something you would advise doing or is there a better option out there for me?

The polycarbonate housing flexes under pressure, therefore any attempt at a patch would likely fail under pressure. Also, introducing any new chemical compound (such as a sealant) to the polycarbonate could react with the plastic and cause additional cracking.

We would highly recommend that you retire this old film housing and consider a newer digital DSLR housing: IKELITE DSLR Housings

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom