Aqua Lung Service Center in West LA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beaner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have Aqua Lung Ladies' Mikron First and Second Stages, Octopus and Inflator Hose that need to be checked before my next dive vacation in a couple of months... can anyone living in the West LA area recommend a reputable shop to check them out for me?
I've received a quote for $105 to "service" the equipment -- which sounds ridiculously expensive -- but I simply need it checked.
Should it require service I'll obviously go ahead with that, but if nothing needs to be done to the equipment, I feel that $105 is way too steep.
Thoughts?

Ocean Safari SCUBA.

They'll do whatever you want them to do, but make sure you tell them to "check" and not "service" your reg. But I can tell you this much, by the time they (whomever "they" are) open up your regs, look around, put on the breathing machine to "check", you might as well have the regs serviced. $105 to have the 1st stage, second stage, power inflator and octo serviced isn't a bad price.

Thanks to you both!
Very much appreciated, and good to hear that the cost is the norm and worth it.
I'll check out those 3 shops on your recommendations.
j

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom