Recommended dive master on the Big Island for Discovery dives for my wife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HuskyWolf

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to be staying off the Kohala Coast on the Big Island in a couple weeks. I want to find a place that will let my wife (not certified, but has done discovery dives) to go with me. I have found a couple of places, though they want close to $200 for two tank dives. Can anyone recommend a place to look into that might be less expensive, and that also places a priority on safety?

Thanks.

In that area, Waikoloa Coast Divers or Kohala Divers are really your options. Both charge almost exactly the same as I'm sure you've seen.

If you wanted to drive to Kona - 30-40mins. Jack's also offers a 1 tank for $85 including pool work. They have an option to either do your dive on their boat or shore - probably at the Kona pier or a nearby location. Jack's Diving Locker : Introductory Scuba Dives

Kona Diving Company also offers the Intro with 2 boat dives for $200. They have a 2:1 diver/instructor ratio. Nice people. Introductory Dive

I just got back from a week near the Kohala coast (in Puako). I decided to go with a relatively unknown operator, LRB Hawaii Dive ( http://www.lrbhawaiidive.com ). The prices were very reasonable, the service was excellent, and everything is customized to exactly what you want. It's worth an email to them if it works logistically for you. Some of the best dives I've ever done...

Back
Top Bottom