Update from Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no idea. Just saw this and thought I'd share it. I haven't heard what type of renovations are occurring, but they must be major. I will be sure to share if I see anything...

I have no idea. Just saw this and thought I'd share it. I haven't heard what type of renovations are occurring, but they must be major. I will be sure to share if I see anything...

I could be mistaken but from the chit chat I hear I would be willing to take odds that they never reopen after their closing for renovations.Further reinforced by reno pictures showing nothing being done at this point

I really don't know what is going on there, but I know Doc was inquiring a while back, so when I saw this post on Facebook I wanted to share it as an "update". My guess would be that they are finally making necessary renovations to the water supply lines. There were constant problems with water and at one point, water was actually being hauled in. Many guests were complaining about the lack of water for showers, etc. That's my assumption, but :confused:

Hi everyone,

I just spoke with 2 separate members of Fantasy Island management and this is the official story. They have a group of 30 divers arriving tomorrow for 1 week and then they are officially closing for 2 months for renovations & maintenance to update & improve the facilities. They have already started on refreshing the palapa restaurant, the lobby & main restaurant, the dive shop area, and some of the grounds and will be fully underway with the renovations after next week after the divers leave. I have walked the property & can confirm that the work is ongoing. They are scheduled to re-open the first week of October.

Unfortunately, communication is not their strong suit, as is this case in much of Central America, so they have not done a very good job in telling the public what is happening. This is a common cultural thing in Central America, you just don't talk about anything that could be considered negative.

Before anyone asks, I do not have any connection to Fantasy Island or any reason to promote them beyond our goal of promoting tourism & diving in Roatan & the Bay Islands in general.

They have a beautiful location and the dive operation is first rate. If they get the rest updated it will be great.

Back
Top Bottom