Heading toward HI in the next several days? Keep an eye on TS Flossie.+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will water quality/clarity be affected from all the runoff from rain and if so how long does it take normally to clear up? Headed to Kona the 10th and was just wondering if there will be any lingering effects.

I'm in Maui now, kaanapali side.
Just started raining this morning around 10am. not too heavy yet.
They say sunny by Wednesday. Takes a few days to clear up but waves won't be strong on my side so they say below 20 feet should be clear.
Of course thats the dive shop trying to get me to book a trip.
Fortunately we were here all last week for diving.
RT
PS Have fun and by the 10th all will be clear for sure.

We arrive on Maui on the 9th and have no doubt the runoff will be clear. They're talking about downgrading Flossie now, and reduced the amount of rain to about 2". Winds on the Big Island have been clocked at 35mph max so far, so hopefully she'll continue to weaken and be just a rain storm.

Awesome that sounds like good news. And 35mph, heck that's any normal day here in the Tx panhandle. I hope the places that need rain get it and places that don't need it don't.

According to my friends on island, she put on a fantastic show! Thunder, lightening, and a downpour of rain.

Well here comes another one, looks like it will follow the same track as Flossie.

I arrive on the 14th, time for a dive again ?

If you're talking to me, I didn't PM you since you said something about getting on a charter on the 15th and that's the only day we overlap. If your plans change, let's keep in touch. Sometimes we don't dive the day before we depart to let gear dry, but its warmer in the summer, so likely we'll dive on Thursday morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom