Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwkline

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, where should I begin?
I have an Ikelite housing for my Canon 60D that had a leak when new.
I returned this to Ikelite and after what seemed a long time it came back repaired.
I then upgraded my strobes to DS160's, and life was good.
I managed to flood my housing, and sent it back for a rebuild.
This is where the issue really begins.
My housing was returned to me, but the strobes would not fire reliably. I emailed Ikelite, and told them what was going on. The reply I got was that my strobes may have been damaged. I informed them that my fiancee used DS161's, and they had the same issue on my housing, and my strobes had no issues on hers. They insisted I return the strobes.
I complied with returning the housing and strobes. After a week or 2, reply came back that I was correct and they had installed a defective electronic module in my housing.
I questioned them on why it should cost me $100.00 for shipping for their mistake, but received no reply. I sent a letter (hard copy) asking the same. No reply.
It was then I started having issues with the strobe batteries. I (we) have 6 batteries total. 4 are NiMH, 2 are LiIon. 4 of the 6 have been returned for issues. The last 2 to go in is where the latest issue starts.
I received an email stating that the NiMH battery was not defective, and I would have to pay for the repair. I replied that I found that difficult to believe after all the issues I've had with batteries, but provided payment info as I really needed my battery back.
Yesterday, I received the (paid) invoice in the mail. Batteries had already been returned. Ikelite decided to charge me $54.00 for shipping, (US Mail) and even thought I wouldn't mind a bit if I paid for the warranty shipping.
Needless to say, I'm more than a bit irritated.
This will be my last Ikelite rig. Several of my photo friends have already switched to other brands, and service was always the reason given.
I wish I didn't have so much invested already.
Next rig will NOT be Ikelite.
I'm posting this here hoping for some kind of response. Seems to be lacking on Ikelites part.
Charlie

thanks for posting this.

I am in the market for a good camera setup, and post sale service is definitely important to me.

i love my Aquatica!
ive never had an issue with customer service
i bought a dome but it arrived scratched so i emailed them sent it back and recieved a new dome all postage paid for to our small island!
way to go Jean

And I've always had outstanding service from Ikelite. They've always been more than fair, fast, and expert.

And I've always had outstanding service from Ikelite. They've always been more than fair, fast, and expert.
If it weren't for my personal experience, I would take that as a testimonial. I have sent several emails to Ikelite, and when I got no response I sent a hard copy letter. No reply to that. If it wasn't true, then Ikelite should step up and defend themselves.

Charlie,

This public response has been delayed as our top priority was to look into this issue and respond to you directly to make things right for you as quickly as possible.

We may not do everything right the first time, but we're 100% committed to providing our customers with the highest possible level of service and support. I spent several years directly overseeing our service staff, and I can say that our employees make the most honest effort to put ourselves in the customers' shoes and go the extra mile whenever possible.

I sincerely apologize for repeated problems with your equipment and for our dropping the ball on this one. I appreciate the opportunity to correct the situation and, in the process, hopefully convince you that this is definitely not our "norm".

Thank you for your support as an Ikelite customer.

Jean

Charlie,

This public response has been delayed as our top priority was to look into this issue and respond to you directly to make things right for you as quickly as possible.

We may not do everything right the first time, but we're 100% committed to providing our customers with the highest possible level of service and support. I spent several years directly overseeing our service staff, and I can say that our employees make the most honest effort to put ourselves in the customers' shoes and go the extra mile whenever possible.

I sincerely apologize for repeated problems with your equipment and for our dropping the ball on this one. I appreciate the opportunity to correct the situation and, in the process, hopefully convince you that this is definitely not our "norm".

Thank you for your support as an Ikelite customer.

Jean

Jean,
I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to finally get some resolution on these issues. I've received an email from John, and will speak with him tomorrow.
Missed his call today ( I was diving ).
Thanks for the help.
Charlie

Had a nice conversation with John from Ikelite yesterday. Not sure how, but it seems that my emails went awry somehow. He's assured me that this is not the norm, and has rectified the shipping issue ( and the whole invoice completely).
I must admit, I am thoroughly impressed with the way this is being handled.
This is true customer service.
Thanks to the John, and the Ikelite staff for their help.
Charlie

Back
Top Bottom