Website mascot ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading through another thread and thought that we could use a new thread to discuss the website logo.

I have seen a few of the suggestions and it got me to thinking about what I would like. I saw the logo for the Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival and thought a ship similar to that with a couple of divers in front of the ship. We could even display a dive flag behind the whole image that was sort of transparent.
Maybe we could get someone to do a poll on the Great Lakes Best shipwreck and use that as the ship for the logo.

I don't have the ability to put this thing together but I am sure that one of you more computer literate people can do this and post it for all to see. I would certainly be willing to vote on the best logo submitted. Heck I want to be first inline to get a couple of the T-shirts, I may even want to wear them to the Shipwreck festival if JP's hockey schedule permits.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
I was reading through another thread and thought that we could use a new thread to discuss the website logo.

I have seen a few of the suggestions and it got me to thinking about what I would like. I saw the logo for the Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival and thought a ship similar to that with a couple of divers in front of the ship. We could even display a dive flag behind the whole image that was sort of transparent.
Maybe we could get someone to do a poll on the Great Lakes Best shipwreck and use that as the ship for the logo.

I don't have the ability to put this thing together but I am sure that one of you more computer literate people can do this and post it for all to see. I would certainly be willing to vote on the best logo submitted. Heck I want to be first inline to get a couple of the T-shirts, I may even want to wear them to the Shipwreck festival if JP's hockey schedule permits.

Mitten Diver

I spent some time trying to find a drawing of a shipwreck and some small divers. I got distracted by all of the shipwreck web sites that I found. LOL

I have a couple of submissions, but they are from one diver. Let's see what we can find. My e-mail can accessed through my profile (go to my website for that). Or they can be posted here as an attachment. My artistic skills are somewhere below par to say the least.

So let's make a contest, winning logo gets a free T-Shirt when we come up with a logo. We can settle it by a poll when submissions start to appear.

Good thread, Mitten Diver!

Can we bring back the Birds for our logo?

Big-t-2538:
Can we bring back the Birds for our logo?

If you can think of a way to smoothly incorporate macaws into a cold, fresh-water environment, be my guest. All TASTEFUL ideas are welcome! (Note: emphasis on tasteful was not directed at anyone. I would just think that we would wish to not have the moderators spending too much time on our threads. :))

I think one peeping out of a porthole might be a wonderful idea.

Big-t-2538:
I think one peeping out of a porthole might be a wonderful idea.

Ok, do we have an artist willing to take on some of these ideas? My abilities in art ended at stick figures. :blush:

Hey fellow Wrecking Crew

I had a conversation with a friend at work today and his daughter is an artist. I went to work today with the thought in mind of finding someone to put together an idea for the mascot. I walke into Mike"s office to discuss a phone conversation I had when it jarred my memory, Mike'S daughter is an artist. Mike has a few of her pieces at work hanging on his wall or sitting on his desk. Nice stuff drawings and clay models, and I am know art critic, but the picture she did of Stevie Y is pretty sweet.

I spent some time last night surfing the net looking for bits of the picture that I had in mind and even though I found some stuff I do not own the software to try and put something together. I may not even be the softwares fault, it may be owner/operator error.

I will be taking a couple of the things that I had in mind and having Mike's daughter put them together for us to see. I will then post them in this thread for viewing. I guess I will need to ask her for permission to use them as well in case we like them. I will look forward to everyones thoughts on this.

Mitten Diver

If she is drawing it and doesn't have a problem with it, I don't know where anyone else would see a problem.

Software for me isn't a problem. If someone sends me the bits and pieces I should be able to overlap it with my PaintShopPro. I have made collages and such for members in the past and do a fair amount of photo editing. I just can't draw freehand worth anything. (Yes, I am volunteering to help out here where I can.)

How many other people are for having the artist do it for us though? I know that I am.

Thanks again for good ideas, Mitten Diver!

...idea. Let's get a REAL artist working on a Logo for us, and sign me up for a long sleeve tee shirt in a size XXL!

Mitten Diver:
but the picture she did of Stevie Y is pretty sweet.
You hockey types need help....seriously....who thinks it's a good idea to fight on little metal blades while balancing yourself on top of ice...

oh well, at least it is fast paced and good to watch I gues..

Anyway...why don't we just go with my profile picture and be done with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom