Shore dive in Oahu - end of September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

right_on

Registered
Reaction score
My friends and I (7 of us) are doing a couple of dives while in town. We're going to do 1 boat dive and a shore dive the following day. If anyone wants to lead a dive and take bunch of guys from SoCal for a shore dive, holler! We're all safety conscious divers and out for just fun dives. Anywhere in the island that's good "diveable" conditions at that time. We're going to be in town from Sep 26-30. Probably do a boat dive Sep 27 and shore dive Sep 28. We're going to have our own gear except for tanks and weights. We're just going to rent that locally. If anyone is planning to dive that day and don't mind us tagging along on a shore dive. That would be really nice! Thanks!

Depending on your exact plans I'd strongly suggest Kaimana Divers. Contact Gabe over there and he will be very helpful with your needs. There are a lot of operations over there to choose from but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Gabe is the owner over there btw. I wasn't sure if you were looking to hire a DM for the shore or if you were just looking for a local to buddy up with. DM's for the most part are encouraged not to lead fun dives outside of work just for liability reasons as I'm sure you understand. If you are hiring a guide for boat and shore you are likely to get a good rate if you use the same company - especially having all of your own gear. Some of the shore sites over there are fantastic and having a local guide/dm to show you the highlights is likely more than worthwhile. All the same if you are looking to save money which is understandable...inquire with Gabe as to a safe and easy navigation site that you'll enjoy. I'm suggesting Gabe just based on personal interactions though you'll hopefully find any number of guides, owners, etc. that will be happy to help.

Feel free to send me a PM if I can help with any specifics. Hope you have fantastic dives during your visit.

A

Depending on your exact plans I'd strongly suggest Kaimana Divers. Contact Gabe over there and he will be very helpful with your needs. There are a lot of operations over there to choose from but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Gabe is the owner over there btw. I wasn't sure if you were looking to hire a DM for the shore or if you were just looking for a local to buddy up with. DM's for the most part are encouraged not to lead fun dives outside of work just for liability reasons as I'm sure you understand. If you are hiring a guide for boat and shore you are likely to get a good rate if you use the same company - especially having all of your own gear. Some of the shore sites over there are fantastic and having a local guide/dm to show you the highlights is likely more than worthwhile. All the same if you are looking to save money which is understandable...inquire with Gabe as to a safe and easy navigation site that you'll enjoy. I'm suggesting Gabe just based on personal interactions though you'll hopefully find any number of guides, owners, etc. that will be happy to help.

Feel free to send me a PM if I can help with any specifics. Hope you have fantastic dives during your visit.

A

i was looking at both, hiring a private guide or a tag along/local buddy that we can just dive with. if we can't get a local buddy to guide us. we're probably just gonna talk to the local dive shop, get a briefing rent tanks/weights and go explore.
most of the time when someone post up or comes visit SoCal looking for diving and looking for dive buddies or someone to tag with. we don't mind the guest tagging along with our group/club dives in local beaches or our catalina trips. so we're hoping we can turn the table and find someone that can help or show us the way. we're all certified divers (our group is mixed with instructors, dm's, rescue, advance and OW) and we always dive safe and stay within rec limits.

right_on has dived with us in the past....... We are hoping the shore dive works out and Mahalo for the nice write up! Should be a fun crew to dive with for sure if their last trip out was any indication!

G

yes and we enjoyed diving with KD! liz was an awesome guide. we're probably gonna do a boat dive with you again. we're just finalizing my groups itinerary and schedules.

Back
Top Bottom