Sidemount bottle rigging - twinset gas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyblackau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey this is a two question post.

First - I'm slowly putting together my sidemount setup, i feel like i've been sponsored by diverite but it all seems so good and well thought out i can't help myself. Anyway, i have the Nomad XT harness with 2 x cam straps and XT regs. I just picked up a steal of a deal with Faber 12l twinset with the 300bar diverite manifold. I want to split the twin set and use it for the sidemount dives. I've looked at the dive rite bottle rigging and as good it looks i'm sure that there would be a way to utilise the cam straps i have and make my own bottle rigs. Anyone done it or know where i can find out how?

Second - I've bought the plugs to use when i remove the isolation manifold. These tanks are full of EAN36. I'm going to lose the gas aren't i when changing the manifold out? any ideas?

Thanks all.

Blackie

While you can make your own stage bottle riggings no problem, it's worth getting one proper one and copying it exactly to make the Nomad Ring Bungie system work.

If you are not going with the ring bunie system, then just about anything will work to take advantage of the cam bands.

Cam steps good for travel, hose clamps better for your own cylinders.
Build your own stage rigs, any climbing store has 1" webbing for cheap, and 1" tubular webbing as well to cover your own s/s hose clamp. Buy a few 1" triglides and some extra large bolt snaps, and there you go. Cheaper and more fun to build your own. Look at a picture of someone's (diverite) and duplicate.

Air in cylinders gone. Drain them, pull out the isolator, put in the plugs, refill. May be worth o2 clean and VIP by LDS for piece of mind. That's what I would do.

I went full home made while trying different stuff out, including making my own ring bungies.

Everything worked fine, but the reason I suggest getting one premade DiveRite bungie and copying it (if possible) is that I tried one and found it had little things different than I had thought.

One is that the bungie itself is way, way lighter duty than I had thought, because it is designed to pull the tank up under water only, and never used to support the weight of the tank out of the water. Because I started with the thick bungie that directly held the valve in place, and had to support the tank, I had too much bungie and system just worked different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom