Dive Italy in Early September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstridWilson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Husband just got certified and we are will be celebrating out 30 wedding anniversary in Early September in a few years. Visited Italy a few years ago and LOVED it. I want to return and stay along the Amalfi Coast, Capri, maybe Sardinia. Was wondering if we can dive in September? What is the water temp that time of year?

Hi, the water is pretty warm in september, depending on your tolerance of cold and the location you shouldn't need more than a mediterranean wetsuit. The mediterranean is pretty warm and people dive all the year, although you will need a dry suit in winter (typically november-april).
Edit: people who enjoy warmth dive with dry suits all the year, either. If you're wondering about dive centers, all of them are open until october, then some close for the winter.

When you say "the water is pretty warm in september". What is pretty warm? Pretty warm to me is 80 degree F. What is the temp in F or C?

Amalfi coast in early september is warm, meaning averages of 25° C air temperature during the day and 18-20° C air temperature during the night; on a good day temperatures might get as high as 30-35 degrees. Water temperature between 20 and 25° C. Right now, water temperature is between 27 and 29° C and it won't get much colder in a month.
About sardinia, you need to be a little more precise since the west coast is pretty different from the east coast (and the northern coast, costa smeralda, is again different).
If you need, check ilmeteo.it , "venti e mari" section indicates wind speeds and water temperatures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom