Disassemble Oceanic Veo Console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm frustrated with having a console and want to do away with it. I want to move to a wrist mount compass and naked spg. My initial thoughts were sell my console at a loss and buy a new naked spg, bungee mount compass, and backup computer. But then I had a thought, couldn't I just disassemble my current console?

This is the Veo 180 navcon model I have: Oceanic Veo 180 Navcon Scuba Diving Computer

There's a wrist mount for the computer veo 180 available but it is my backup and I already have a wrist mount computer which is better. I'd prefer to have a boot like the BUD boot where I can just clip it to my bcd as a backup. Or I could wear both on my wrist, but my wrists are starting to get crowded. Or I could just do the wrist mount and secure it to my bcd as is.
BOOT, WRIST, VEO, VEO 1.0, 1 TOP - Computer Accessories - Computers

I"m sure there are bungee compass mounts that will fit my oceanic compass. Any recommendations?

How would the SPG hold up if used naked?

Should I just sell it and replace it all?

So has anyone done this? Any recommendations and all feedback are appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

I'm frustrated with having a console and want to do away with it. I want to move to a wrist mount compass and naked spg. My initial thoughts were sell my console at a loss and buy a new naked spg, bungee mount compass, and backup computer. But then I had a thought, couldn't I just disassemble my current console?

Sure you can. justs be gentle removing the components.

This is the Veo 180 navcon model I have: Oceanic Veo 180 Navcon Scuba Diving Computer

There's a wrist mount for the computer veo 180 available but it is my backup and I already have a wrist mount computer which is better. I'd prefer to have a boot like the BUD boot where I can just clip it to my bcd as a backup. Or I could wear both on my wrist, but my wrists are starting to get crowded. Or I could just do the wrist mount and secure it to my bcd as is.
BOOT, WRIST, VEO, VEO 1.0, 1 TOP - Computer Accessories - Computers

I've only ever seen the Oceanic branded wrist boot for the VEO's (I used to have one) though it's possible another option has come out in the last year or two

I"m sure there are bungee compass mounts that will fit my oceanic compass. Any recommendations?

the DSS bungee mounts are popular and they make one for the Oceanic/Aeris SUPERTILT compass - if that's what you have https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1346

How would the SPG hold up if used naked?

Hard to say, I never used mine naked. it's not very impressive plastic though. Perhaps use it 'til it breaks then buy a proper brass and glass one??

Should I just sell it and replace it all?

Eventually you probably will anyway - you could certainly jump skip to that part now

So has anyone done this? Any recommendations and all feedback are appreciated. Thanks!

I sort of did it. I put my compass in the Oceanic boot, then turned it into a bungee mount by cutting the straps off and feeding bungee through holes I made in the corners.
I got a wrist boot for the Veo but decided I'd rather have a "proper" watch style and sold it to buy a Geo 2.0.
I sold the SPG and replaced it with a brass and glass on a shorter hose - the HP hoses they put on those consoles is way too long - but you could certainly change the hose on the plastic SPG.

Good luck

Great info on the SPG. I didn't know it was plastic! I have no idea if my compass is the supertilt, but I went ahead and ordered the mount anyways. I have a Geo2, I just want the veo as a backup but don't want to wear both on my wrist. It looks like there's a hole in the wrist band, I could possibly use that with a clip and attach it to my bc. Thanks for giving me the additional details, I've got more to consider.

I need to buy a short hose regardless. I think I'm going to go over my shoulder and attach it to my bc inflator. Probably needs to be a little shorter than my inflator hose.

When I bought my Atom 3, I bought a Veo wrist mount for my 180nx. ( I think for the veo 100?) and i buckled it up and also put a D-ring through the strap (yes it has a hole to accommodate a D-ring) and attached it to my right shoulder on my BCD. (or you could mount it lower. )I previously had the swiv console and pulled it apart and got a swiv compass clip mount for the compass and put it on a retractor on the BCD also. I put a lens guard on the spg face. there's a handy hole (where the console bits attached to previously with a little bolt) in the spg housing that i have a ring and retractor attached to. I may get a shorter hose but this works good. You'll sort out what works for you though.. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom