Cover for hole in 5510.45

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jothdu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was looking for a cover to keep dust out of/protect the 8" dome for storage and travel and so I emailed Ikelite and it was suggested that I purchase the #0200.05 "Neoprene Port Cover" for this purpose, but that didn't seem appropriate to me. Regardless, I bought it and received it the other day.

If I leave the port body screwed into the dome, then that cover would work, but it creates an odd shape for travel. I'm really looking for a cover for the port body hole in the dome itself; Perhaps something more rigid that would screw in. Does Ikelite make a cover for this application, and if so, what is the part number?

Also, I've found that the video/still selector arm in my 5DIII housing tends to be ever so slightly short, causing the arm to slip off the lever from time to time. I've found that if I pull on the shutter lever and hold it engaged, it puts just enough pressure on the body to get the video/still selector arm to reliably catch, but that's not ideal. No matter how tight I secure the camera to the flash circuitry inside the housing, there's always going to be a little bit of movement possible with only the 1 screw. Is there a spacer that I could use to move the arm closer to the camera switch just a bit? I really think it would only need maybe 1mm at most to reliably catch the switch on the body.

Thanks in advance!

That's exactly what I'm looking for! I use their Housing Sentry product and love it. Thanks so much for the link. I'm surprised Ikelite doesn't appear to make a similar product.

Back
Top Bottom