Great week diving in TCI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malpaso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since half of us are not divers, we dove three times this week, mixing in other activities. We went with Dive Provo and I would heartily recommend them. While checking in the first day. They handed each of us a free large mesh duffel bag and told us if we left everything in it at the end of the day, they would rinse everything for us so we didn't have to bring it back to our rooms, and have it ready and set up the next time we dove.

We dove five different areas for the six dives, including one of the first trips to French Cay in five months (due to previously bad surface conditions to get there). The only repeat was Piranha Cove which we dove the first and last days. Seriously, they could have told us it was a different place because we saw different things each time. It was probably the best of the dive sights we visited. In addition we dove Boneyard, G-Spot, French Connection and Cathedral. Some of the things we saw included sharks, barracuda, green moray, lion fish, turtle and octopus, as well as hundreds of the more common reef fish.

They give you the option of following the divemaster or going your own way, so we did dives both ways. The walls make for easy navigation so either way you're out and back with ease. While you can hit depths over 100' (I only hit mid 90s once), I stayed between 40' - 50' the majority of the time and still saw plenty. My dive buddy, my g/f's 20 y/o son, uses far less air than I do, so staying 10 or so feet above him let's me conserve air as well.

I only have a couple of warm water areas to compare this to, but it was an absolutely great week of diving. Others on the boats said it was near the top of their lists as well.

the Diving in Provo TCI is always amazing and you dived with the best land based companies on the Island !!
i m glad you enjoyed the island and your holiday!!!

Heading back to Salt Cay in five days, can't wait!!!

Back
Top Bottom