Deer Island Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone here ever dive Deer Island Point?? if so what do you think??

I have done 15 dives there.. but just wondering..

undefined
Firediver:
Anyone here ever dive Deer Island Point?? if so what do you think??

I have done 15 dives there.. but just wondering..

I have done hundreds on deer island ... world class diving by far .... keeps me coming back for more .... like the drift dive too...

I love it.. have done the Drift dive.. there are two.. lower beach from light house over to the customs house and of course the one from the lower beach to the light house. Did a dive there last weekend, vis was 30ft or so, and all the sea annenomies <can't spell> were all blooming just a spectacular sight... Sharks Friend, Do you know anything about the Boluga whale?? what happend to it????

Firediver:
I love it.. have done the Drift dive.. there are two.. lower beach from light house over to the customs house and of course the one from the lower beach to the light house. Did a dive there last weekend, vis was 30ft or so, and all the sea annenomies <can't spell> were all blooming just a spectacular sight... Sharks Friend, Do you know anything about the Boluga whale?? what happend to it????

well not sure what happened to the white whale ... but ya the ferry landing to the beach i s a good one ... have done that tons of times ... fast and slow tides ... deep too , not as much to see at 80 or so feet.... ya i dove it last week as well ... have dove customs house yet ? its good to a little tricky at high tide ... current gets a little tricky ... low tide i found has been best ...but ya allwas in bloom out there wish i had my camera at the time...

I have only done the point and the drift dive. I haven't done the customs house yet. Where around the ferry landing can you dive?? On the opposite side the ferry comes in???

I've done sites around Deer Island and in Eastport, Maine across the way. tremendous marinelife in the area. Diving is so good that we just purchased a summer home in Lubec, Maine just to be close to the wonderful diving.

Of course the currents can be wicked at times.

DSDO

Alan

did a low tide dive at the point today, just thought I'd mention that the water is warming up.. a balmy 37F today, hope to see some more divers out there soon! :54: viz was fantastic as well, 20+ feet or so.. great time to be out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom