I am 16,could I do the cave diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namelz52

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am 16 years old boy,could I do the cave diving?

I start my diving in my 12 years old

First of all, Welcome to the board.
Normally, you must be at least 18 years old before you can be a cave diver.
Dive Safe,
Larry

Namelz ........ we all have been 16 once ( seems like yesterday ). In my case (and many others) I was "super man" and did some real wierd stuff ( i.e. working down gantry cranes without safety lines changing lights in the factory ceilng 20 meters up ...will spare you other examples )

Point is, whether you are 16 ( not legal maybe ) or 18 or 20 ( or 35 :) ) you really need to look at our self carefully. In my assessment in caves there is no room for bravado and in if you were like me in the past...... maybe give it a pass for the time being. I have done cavern ( not cave) to enhance my self confidence in i.e. wrecks, but i tend to stay out of caves as I know my character too well ( risk taker at times )

Good luck with your decision.

oh,thank you very much,in my opinion,the cave diving is very exciting,so I want to try it

I know the cave diving need more time energy and air than other diving,so I had already begin the long time diving in the sea,now I can stay in the water over 3 hours with drysuits and 4 air tanks

Did the cave use a drysuits is necessary?

namelz52:
oh,thank you very much,in my opinion,the cave diving is very exciting,so I want to try it

I know the cave diving need more time energy and air than other diving,so I had already begin the long time diving in the sea,now I can stay in the water over 3 hours with drysuits and 4 air tanks

Did the cave use a drysuits is necessary?

Something about what are you saying doesn't sound right. Are you saying that you are doing decompression diving in the ocean to practice for cave training in the future? Have you taken any training on doing this or are you just trying to figure it out for yourself, cuz if you are ging beyond your training I'mafriad we may read about you in the paper one day cuz you had a bad accident or worse, die. Where did you get the info that you need more time, energy, and air to cave dive?

I think the best advise to give you is to stay within your traing cert level (what cert are you currently?). Work on things like your trim and bouyancy, fin kicks, etc and don't worry about the multiple tank stuff until you get proper training. When you become 18 you can take a cavern course and then work towards your cave training.

Just want you to be safe! Not trying to lecture you.

Thank you very much!!!!
Read above it, I feel I am too young to do the cave diving at the age of 16,maybe I start my reall cave diving in 18 or elder
(PS:my mother did not agree me to do any dangerous diving ,include cave diving)

I think it is a wise decision. Life is very long ( for most of us), so there will be plenty of time and opportunity to do it one day. Until then, enjoy your diving.

Yes,life is the most important,I only 16,too young

enjoy life every time!

I'm 17 and am a NSS-CDS Cavern and Intro-into-cave diver. But I must wait untill I'm 18 before going any further.

namelz52:
(PS:my mother did not agree me to do any dangerous diving ,include cave diving)
Your mother probably doesn't know that decompression diving in the ocean can be a bit, uh, dangerous too. Read Wendy's comments again and get some training if you already haven't. (Not trying to lecture you either, but red flags are cropping up ...)

/Bit worried ... :cwmddd:

PS! Many cave divers do use drysuits for extended cave dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom