SoCal Fish ID episode of Dr. Bill's cable TV show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Here is the episode from my cable TV show ("Munching & Mating in the Macrocystis") that features a fish ID for the common fishes in SoCal"

[video=youtube;Q8BnKFVL2sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BnKFVL2sg&feature=player_detailpage&list =UUNsNlOpytV0zid_Awi3FChg[/video]

Nice, I get the Sargo and Pile surf perch mixed up. This will be a good reference for my Reef surveys.

Very cool, I have it bookmarked for future reference. Thanks!

Glad to be of help. I put this episode together (and the invertebrate one) after a request from an instructor for something that would help teach his students what they were seeing. If you can download it from YouTube it is in a format you can play on your iPods.

Cool Bill! I wish I'd had this when I used to teach CCD divers about Wrass', bass', an' Senoritas, Etc...

Great reference!!

Be Safe Out There!

PS. Totally DIG the rest of your Vids. about underwater Island life, ya gotta love Island Kelp Fish! and you used be leaner when you had your hand truck ;~) dig the new golf cart too...

Last edited:
you used be leaner when you had your hand truck ;~) dig the new golf cart too...

Sadly that is true... it was an effort to drag all my dive gear and video gear down from my house upon the distant hill and then back each day I dove. However, thanks to the golf cart, I can do my night dives and not freeze my butt off walking back up to the house!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom