Lobster Diving in Southern CA is almost here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rbsalvo

New
Reaction score
Can't wait, Lobster Season opens up in about 6 weeks! Last year was epic. Hoping for another good year on the Peace Dive Boat in Ventura. Anyone else diving other boats?

Ya know, when I was in CA I did not have good luck the handful of times I went lobster diving from boats. I caught almost all of mine on shore dives. It took years to find a good spot but once I did I knew I could go out and never get skunked.

I got a letter and brochure in the mail from CA Dept Fish and Game about the new lobster report card. Cards are now valid for the entire season from Sept 28, 2013 through Mar 19, 2014. That's a nice change. Oh, the new rule doesn't change fishing license expiration dates though.

Anybody interested in kayak diving for lobsters after season starts?

I'm very interested, I just got a predator 13 kayak not sure how this handles on rough waters and got my scuba gears, except I still have to get my NAUI class/certification and a tank, I live in Los Angeles would love to tag along.

---------- Post added September 1st, 2013 at 12:31 PM ----------

Are anyone out here looking for a dive partner in a kayak to hunt for lobsters? please PM me I live in the Long Beach CA area.

Hey richardhlim. I am looking for a dive buddy to check out some spots down in the bu area. I only have Tues and Thurs off. Can you make weekday dives?

---------- Post added September 4th, 2013 at 02:39 PM ----------

Checking out some spots this year on tanks and am looking for kayak dive buddy who is available on Tues or Thurs for diving in the malibu area.

My schedule is kinda crazy, but, if your ever looking for a dive partner give me a little notice and I might be able to jump in with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom