Diving the Straits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shernden

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
I'm heading up to Michigan next month and I'd like to dive the Straits. I'm looking for any suggestions on charters that run with low numbers or even anyone who may be interested in budding up for a couple dives on the 11th or 12th?

thanks,
Steve

Try Straits Scuba. They have two boats. The Rec Diver is a large boat, good for groups. The Intrepid is a smaller boat they use for six or fewer. I don't know if they have a minimum. They operate out of St. Ignace next to the Star Lines main dock, across the street from the Driftwood Motel and Restaurant. Here's the website: Straits Scuba. They only show the Rec Diver, but they can also book the Intrepid.

A dry suit is highly recommended for diving the Straits. We saw temps around 41 degrees as shallow as 65-70 feet this weekend. We normally don't see those temperatures above 100 feet this time of year.

Thanks for the reply. I talked to Straits Scuba, they didn't have any trips for those dates but they referred me to Northern Michigan Dive Center in Cheboygan and they were able to put together a charter for the Cedarville and the Barnum.

Joe and Craig at NMI Dive Center are great. Weather permitting, you'll have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom