Favorite cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So what is everyone's favorite cave dive? and Why?

#1 Indian Springs
Big, crystal clear, awesome black goethite shooting out from the white walls. The entire thing is just ridiculously pretty.

#2 Emerald Sink
The upstream side has a few small sinks that are quite pretty, and the Black Abyss is very impressive. Downstream is enormous with scalloped white walls. Its not as clear as Indian (usually), but when it conditions are good there, its real good. The cave is pristine and there is a lot of history there, too.

Hohoch in Mexico, ck. the video you'll see why and Diepolder, same reason.......Eagle's Nest comes in close third, but because it requires precise planning & execution......

I really like the Peacock/Orange Grove system(s). It's mostly shallow diving, there's 27,000+ feet of exploring, and being shallow you can just go and go...

And at only $5/day/car for admission, you could do a week's worth of diving without ever using fancy gases, or paying charter fees, etc.

Indian Springs in FL, Jailhouse Cenote in Mexico. Both are massive gin clear going tunnel.

I love Jailhouse as well. Sketchy entry that seems to weed out people who aren't 100% comfortable in caves.

Pet Cemetery Cenote, is awesome as well. Dark Side of The Moon has amazing formations and Blue Abyss is awe inspiring.

The last time I was in Puerto Aventuras, I did the upstream at Minotauro, it was a lot of fun too.

The best dive I've done to date was a scooter dive in Eagle's Nest in 100' of vis.

I really like Diepolders, but having a guide, and the cost, and not being able to use CCR makes it #2 on my list.

I really like the paths less traveled at Ginnie. There's just about every kind of diving at Ginnie. There's big, little, tight, no flow, high flow, no silt, lots of silt. Everything.

1) Room of Tear in Carwash, Mx amazing highly decorated section of cave
2) Eagle's Nest...love the look on the local's faces as you gear up in rebreathers and get ready to, in their words "go down in that hole"

peacock is 'home'. hole in the wall to the right is the prettiest florida cave i've seen so far. little river makes me unreasonably happy. mexican caves are like swimming in a wedding cake - lovely everywhere you look.

i'm not afraid of the jailhouse entrance, but hate the sink itself. blergh.

I absolutely love Cow Spring. The entrance restriction(s) are fun, and I love the clay banks and the fissures.... A close second is Peacock. There's just so much to explore in that system, and an immense number of possibilities for dive plans....

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom